9 After School Inspired Snacks
I'm a fan of a couple snacks during the day. My day starts at 4am most mornings and I don't get to eat lunch until noon most days. So a balanced snack is a must. I find it saves me from overeating at the next meal. The right snacks can also keep your energy up instead of causing the crash.
Remember to always drink lots of water- dehydration can be mis-read as hunger. Remember that good snacks can hydrate. Think cucumbers, apples, watermelon and other juicy fruit and vegetables.
From the bottom left to the top right:
1. Homemade Microwave Popcorn (no added artificial flavoring or other junk)-
Just add two TBS of popcorn to a paper bag. Fold over and microwave for 1-3 minutes. Then top with salt and grassfed butter or olive oil or whatever!
2. Homemade popsicles (berry and fudge)
3. Rice Cakes with Almond Butter
4. Rosemary Ham from Trader Joe’s Rolled up with Smoked Mozzarella
5. Edamame Hummus with Carrot Sticks and Bell Pepper
6. Celery with almond Butter and dates or figs
7. Handful of Almonds
8. Fruit Kebobs dipped in Greek Yogurt
I mix a little vanilla, cinnamon, and stevia with my yogurt then dip whatever fruits I have in!
9. Apple Slices with Honey Gouda or smoked Mozzarella
If you haven’t tried honey gouda then you must!