Nutbutter Protein Cookies
I am still unsatisfied with most protein bars and making a shake after workouts is not an option most of the time for me. So I love making my own post workout snacks. This one I have to say is so frickn' good. No baking, and only three ingredients.
Makes about 16-18 cookies
You can log it in My Fitness Pal by searching Nutbutter Protein Cookies
1/2 Cup Almond Butter
1 Cup (heaping full) Deglet Dates
4 Scoops Whey Protein Powder (=1 Cup)
1. Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes. I usually just use tap water and let it sit. But you can speed this up by microwaving the water and dates for about 20 seconds
2. Drain out the water and squeeze out excess. This doesn't have to be perfectly dry. A little damp is good.
3. Blend the dates until pretty smooth. This is totally your preference.
4. Then add the almond butter and blend again.
5. Then add a little protein powder at a time and pulse the food processor. Keep adding until it looks like oatmeal or doughy.
6. Shape into bouncy ball size ball.
7. Flatten into a cookie and mark with a fork.